2011-02-20

Ana-Alicia singing on Falcon Crest

 Remember Ana-Alicia as Veronique, singing in a bar on Falcon Crest's 6th season? Some time ago, I've found a quote of her about singing on
Falcon Crest. She then worked with voice coach Bob Corff and left a message for his website.

“I’ll never forget when I came to Bob and said, ‘They want me to sing on FALCON CREST’ I told them I couldn’t sing and they said, ‘okay that’s even better – that will be funny’. I was a wreck and Bob said, ‘Don’t worry, we’ll get you to sound good’. We worked without stopping for a week, since that’s all the time we had. You know it came out pretty good – he saved my face.” Ana-Alicia sang two songs on Falcon Crest. The first one was "Goody Goody", which is a 1936 popular song composed by Matty Malneck, with lyrics by Johnny Mercer. It was originally sung by Bob Crosby and was covered many times, e.g Ella Fitzgerald, Della Reese, Frank Sinatra and Chicao.

The second song was "Body and Soul". It was written in 1930 by Edward Heyman, Robert Sour, Frank Eyton and Johnny Green. Rising quickly to popularity, Libby Holman introduced it in the revue Three's a Crowd and it was used as the theme to the 1947 film, Body and Soul. Like many songs of the time, it became a jazz standard, with hundreds of versions performed and recorded by dozens of artists (Ella Fitzgerald, Annette Hanshaw, Billie Holiday and Frank Sinatra.).

 

No comments: